Full Stack Web DeveloperFull-time Position in Worcester, MA
Are you obsessed with software and robotics? Looking to work with an awesome team in a modern, successful software company? Geisel Software, based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is a premier software developer that is working with and creating today's hottest software technologies. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team, learn new technology, and help us build some great software!
Geisel Software develops web, mobile and embedded software, with a focus on robotics, medical devices, and machine learning. We seek a talented individual who is not afraid to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work independently and solve problems with little outside direction. Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test, whether that means tracking down the answer on Google, or building your own new solution.
This posting is for a Software Engineer / Software Developer with 2-5 years of experience in web development. We're looking for someone with a good subset of the skills we work with on a daily basis, which might also include embedded development and mobile. That means if you're highly motivated and great at writing software, you don't need to have experience in everything we work with, but you should have some good experience with some subset of these technologies.
For this position, we'd especially like to see some level of expertise in at least one of
- Data Storage (nice to have)
Here's what we work with regularly
- LAMP - Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP
- iPhone/Android application development
- Embedded Development in C/C++ (Arm or x86)
- Scripting Languages (Python, BASH, or other)
- Web Technologies - HTML5, CSS3, XML, JSON
- Linux - As a user at least, but also administration and kernel development
- Web Frameworks - Drupal, Django, WordPress, Codeigniter
- Agile and Waterfall design methodologies
- Embedded platforms (Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, OMAP, etc.)
- Graphic Design, Adobe Tools
- Social Networking Integrations (APIs)
Here's what we require
- You're passionate about software development -- it's what you do even in your free time.
- Good software foundational skills: CS theory; clean, well-documented code; collaborative style; solid algorithms understanding; mastery of more than one language.
- An aptitude for learning new platforms and technologies on the fly. We’re constantly working on new projects that will push you and keep you always learning new technologies.
- Able to take ownership of a project and independently architect, execute and troubleshoot it through completion and customer delivery.
- Actively pursuing new knowledge and technologies. If you’re a web frontend guru, are you building your backend skills? If you’re an embedded developer, are you developing apps for Android or iOS?
- Already comfortable on Linux. You can be a Windows/Mac pro, but you'll be doing at least 50% of your development on Linux. You should be comfortable with that.
- Willing to commute to Worcester, MA.
- Looking for full-time or part-time employment.
- For this role specifically, you must be a "U.S. person", meaning a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder). If that's not you, but you'd still be interested, please just note that in your cover letter as we may have other positions
What you'll get
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a variety of platforms.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not the politics.
- An experienced team and mentor who can help you grow in your craft and career.
- A position with a growing company, offering competitive benefits and salary.