Full Stack Web Developer
Do you want to work at the forefront of technology on complex problems that have never been solved before? Are you interested in being part of a company with a mission to get its software in space? Geisel Software is a fast-growing custom software development company with special expertise in embedded and application software, and a passion for staying ahead of the technology curve. Founded in 2011, we have a long history of delivering tech-forward web/cloud, robotic, IoT, and machine learning solutions.
With a client list that includes NASA, Teledyne FLIR, Wyss Institute at Harvard University, iRobot, Medica, and more, we are embracing innovation to solve some of today’s toughest technical challenges. We’re looking for a hard-working individual to join our team in Worcester, Massachusetts who thrives on challenge and is a proven self-starter. This position will put your problem-solving skills to the test, whether that means tracking down answers on Google, from a colleague, or building a new solution on your own.
This posting is for a Software Engineer/Software Developer with two or more years of experience in web development, pay commensurate with experience. In this role, you’ll be using web technologies to build interfaces for complex and cutting edge robotic systems. We're looking for someone with a good subset of the skills we work with on a daily basis with a focus more on knowing how software development really works on the web and a passion for learning new development tools, and less a mastery of one specific framework. That means if you're highly motivated and great at writing software, you don't need to have experience in everything we work with, but you should have some good experience with some subset of these technologies.
Come join some of the industry’s most talented software engineers and help us build extraordinary software.
Key for This Role
- Amazon Web Services
Minimum System Requirements
- Already comfortable on Linux. You can be a Windows/Mac pro, but you'll be doing at least 50% of your development on Linux. You should be comfortable with that.
- Willing to commute to Worcester, MA.
- Looking for full-time employment.
Full Technical Specifications
- You're passionate about software development – you’ve dedicated a career to it or pursue it even in your free time.
- Good software foundational skills: CS theory; clean, well-documented code; collaborative style; solid algorithms understanding; mastery of more than one language.
- An aptitude for learning new platforms and technologies on the fly. We’re constantly working on new projects that will push you and keep you always learning new technologies.
- Able to take ownership of a project and independently architect, execute and troubleshoot it through completion and customer delivery. We work with small teams, our developers have a lot of autonomy.
- Actively pursuing new knowledge and technologies. If you’re a web frontend guru, are you building your backend skills? If you’re an embedded developer, are you developing apps for Android or iOS?
Here's what we work with regularly:
- Robotic Simulation with ROS, RVIZ, Unreal Engine, Unity, and Gazebo
- Machine Learning (ML) and Computer Vision (CV)
- Distributed computing and inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms
- Modern C++ (C++11, C++14, C++17, etc.)
- Linux - As a user at least, but other skills are also helpful
- Embedded Development in C/C++/Rust (Arm or x86)
- Web Frameworks - Drupal, Django, WordPress, Codeigniter
- Hybrid-Agile design methodologies
- Hybrid-Agile design methodologies
- iOS/Android mobile app development
- TensorFlow and OpenCV
- CUDA, GPU algorithm optimization
Here's what you'll get:
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a variety of platforms to create groundbreaking solutions like a web-based interface for a bomb defusing robot and swarming space robots.
- A fun, exciting work environment with a “by developers for developers” culture focused on results, not politics.
- An experienced team and mentorship to help you grow in your craft and career.
- A position with a growing company, offering competitive benefits and salary.
- A position with an Inc 5000 fastest growing company offering a full benefits plan and company stock options.
Geisel Software’s team members come from diverse backgrounds with their own unique experiences and distinct range of knowledge which inspires creativity and innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is valued for what they bring to the team.
Apply here and include your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you think you'd be a great fit at Geisel Software. We'd love to hear about projects you’ve worked on with technologies we're using. What are you great at and why?