Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to work at the forefront of technology on complex problems that have never been solved before? Are you interested in being part of a company with a goal of getting its software on the Moon? Geisel Software is a fast-growing custom software development company with special expertise in embedded and application software, and a passion for staying ahead of the technology curve. Founded in 2011, we have a long history of delivering tech-forward web/cloud, robotic, IoT, and machine learning solutions.
With a client list that includes NASA, Teledyne FLIR, iRobot, Wyss Institute at Harvard University, and more, we are embracing innovation to solve some of today’s toughest technical challenges. We’re looking for a hard-working individual to join our team in Worcester, Massachusetts who thrives on challenge and is a proven self-starter. This position will put your problem-solving skills to the test, whether that means tracking down answers on Google, from a colleague, or building a new solution on your own.
This Senior Software Engineer will be working on any one of a number of different projects depending on your particular skillset. That is most likely to be doing some form of robotics or supporting technologies (like 3D point clouds, computer vision, hardware interface, UI or networking connectivity). That’s most likely to involve a fair amount of Python and Modern C++ development, but will likely touch on plenty of other languages and technologies. In this role you’ll bring your past experience to bear on challenging problems, but undoubtedly be called on to learn new technologies and to create new and innovative solutions to push boundaries to the current state-of-the-art.
Come join some of the industry’s most talented software engineers and help us build extraordinary software!
Key for this Role
- Modern C++ (C++11 or later, or just really solid C++)
- Development on Linux
- Breadth of Experience (e.g., Full Stack Web experience, Machine Learning expertise, Python mastery, etc.)
Minimum System Requirements
- 8+ years of experience.
- Must be a U.S. Person.
- Willing to commute to Worcester, MA.
- Looking for full-time employment.
Full Technical Specifications
- You're passionate about software development -- it's what you do even in your free time.
- Good software foundational skills: clean, well-documented code; collaborative style; solid algorithms understanding; CS theory; mastery of more than one language.
- An aptitude for learning new platforms and technologies on the fly. We’re constantly working on new projects that will push you and keep you always learning new technologies.
- Able to take ownership of a project and independently architect, execute and troubleshoot it through completion and customer delivery.
- Actively pursuing new knowledge and technologies. If you’re a web frontend guru, are you building your backend skills? If you’re an embedded developer, are you developing apps for Android or iOS?
Here's What we Work with Regularly
- Robotic Simulation with ROS, RVIZ, Unreal Engine, Unity & Gazebo
- Machine Learning (ML) and Computer Vision (CV)
- Distributed computing and inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms
- Modern C++ (C++11, C++14, C++17, etc.)
- TensorFlow and OpenCV
- Embedded Development in C/C++/Rust (Arm or x86)
- RTOS, Linux device development (Raspberry Pi, nRF5x, ESP32, etc.)
- Hybrid-Agile design methodologies
- Web Frameworks - Django, Codeigniter, Nodejs, React, AngularJS, etc.
- iOS/Android mobile app development
- CUDA, GPU algorithm optimization
Here's what you'll get
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a variety of platforms to create groundbreaking solutions like a web-based interface for a bomb defusing robot and swarming space robots.
- A fun, exciting work environment with a “by developers for developers” culture focused on results, not politics.
- An experienced team with great mentors and mentees.
- A position with an Inc 5000 fastest growing company offering a full benefits plan and company stock options.