Do you thrive on organization? Have a knack for working with people? Love software? Geisel Software, based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is a premier software developer that is working with today’s hottest software technologies. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team, learn new technology, and help us build some great software!
Geisel Software develops innovative software across a plethora of platforms with a focus on robotic systems and medical devices. Our team is well-versed in everything software from machine learning to cloud to embedded systems to autonomous systems.
We seek a talented individual who is not afraid to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work independently and solve problems with little outside direction. Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test, whether that means tracking down the answer on Google, or coming up with your own new solution.
Here’s what you would be responsible for
- Manage software programs end-to-end, from software development and testing, to hardware integration
- Be comfortable handling 4 to 6 simultaneous projects.
- Communicate with clients on design, functionality, and project status.
- Drive complex decision making and problem solving to produce repeatable, successful results.
- Relay client direction and feedback to designers and engineers and vice versa, translating between technical capabilities, restrictions and customer needs.
- Follow decisions through to conclusion; guide them through issue tracking systems until ultimate completion.
- Work the entire life-cycle of a project, from initial client proposals and requirements through to release and support.
- Create new systems and processes to develop a more efficient workflow for the organization; improve our delivery of client projects.
Here’s what we require
- At least 2-3 years of experience managing projects or programs.
- Experience with software and ideally systems that include hardware, and managing or working with software engineers.
- Technical experience - software engineering, software development management or a related technical field.
- Get along great with people; especially good at communicating with developers.
- Love learning, especially new technologies or ways of doing things.
- Naturally organized and good at multitasking.
- Passionate about delivering great software.
- Capable of quickly triaging issues and prioritizing.
- Willing to commute to Worcester, MA (Note: Ability to temporarily work remotely during this trying time of COVID-19).
- Experience and connections in the robotics community (a plus!).
- Looking for full-time employment.
- Must be a US Person.
What you'll get
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a variety of platforms.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not the politics.
- An experienced team and mentor who can help you grow in your craft and career.
- A position with a growing company, offering competitive benefits and salary.