VP Business Strategy and Program Development
Do you prefer looking at the big picture? Have a knack for working with people? Love software? Geisel Software, based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is a premier software developer that is working with today’s hottest software technologies. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team, learn new technology, and help us build some great software!
Geisel Software develops web, mobile and embedded software, with a focus on robotics, medical devices, and machine learning. We seek a talented individual who is not afraid to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work independently and solve problems with little outside direction. Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test, whether that means tracking down the answer on Google, or building your own new solution.
Here’s what you would be responsible for
- Develop existing business, drive new sales, and elevate relationships with multiple clients.
- Develop sustainable, high quality, long-term relationships with potential clients and partners.
- Re-engage lapsed and long-term leads with a focus on bringing them back into the pipeline.
- Ask smart, targeted questions to build rapport with future clients while identifying opportunities and key contacts.
- Run outreach to educate future clients on the value our solutions bring and drive interest in an initial conversation.
- Respond to proposal opportunities, make compelling business cases, and identify new opportunities.
- Schedule and coordinate on-site meetings with DoD subject matter experts and customers
- Manage partner relationship with DoD contracts and with university partners.
- Maintain and keep current new business opportunity pipeline of qualified opportunities.
- Provide value add recommendations to management for strategic CRM implementation by analyzing the business requirements and current market trends.
- Understand client needs and construct compelling technical and commercial propositions to meet these needs.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners from sale through implementation.
- Streamlining processes and effectively managing sales activities and forecasting.
- Be a specialist on our offerings and help bring them to life for customers.
- Populate and maintain customer relationship management database to support opportunity pipeline.
- Effectively manage a daily/weekly call schedule to ensure all inbound leads are promptly followed up on.
- Participate in weekly Sales/Marketing meeting.
Here's what we require
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Research & Development.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of high-profile senior level management experience in Aeronautics and Space Systems.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong relationship building skills including the ability to negotiate.
- Strong multi-disciplinary collaboration experience with research organizations.
- Ability to build a team of SME for targeted programs.
- Existing relationships within DoD, Prime Contractors and government agencies.
- Existing relationships within university research, preferably within the MSI/HBCU community.
- Strong technical background; specifically in robotics, aeronautics, space, and sensors background being a strong plus.
- Experience using CRM software (Copper is a plus).
- Experience performing in a Sales role and ability to close the deal.
- Previous U.S. Military service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to provide superior customer service and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers across functions including Marketing, Sales, and Software Engineering.
- Strong understanding of software and competitive offerings in the agile marketplace.
- Familiarity with the government research and acquisition programs.
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of initiative and an attitude of willingness.
- Must be team player willing to assist others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work autonomously or with a team.
- Focused with the ability to learn new products and messaging quickly.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Experience working with government contracts and acquisition programs.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Active Secret clearance required with a current background investigation.
What you’ll get
- An opportunity to work in an exciting, modern software company.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not the politics.
- An experienced team and mentor who can help you grow in your craft and career.
- A position with a growing company, offering competitive benefits and salary.