Software Quality Engineer (SQE)Full-time Position in Worcester, MA
Are you obsessed with software, apps and the Internet? Looking to work with an awesome team in a modern, successful software company? Geisel Software, based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is a premier software developer that is working with and creating today's hottest software technologies. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team, learn new technology, and help us build some great software!
Geisel Software develops web, mobile and embedded software, with a focus on areas like robotics, and machine learning. We seek a talented individual who is not afraid to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work independently and solve problems with little outside direction. Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test, whether that means tracking down the answer on Google, or building your own new solution.
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for the testing throughout the software development cycle at Geisel Software. The key areas are test planning, developing test cases, executing tests, ad hoc testing, verifying bug fixes, and preparing test reports. The SQE will work from requirements to create test cases and execute the tests per the schedule and functional needs of the products. Test automation experience is a plus.
Geisel specializes in robotics and machine learning, and also works on medical devices among other areas. Experience in these areas is a plus, with software QA per FDA regulations or other regulatory experience being ideal. To work with IoT and devices means some experience with hardware interfaces and firmware is needed. An understanding of testing across some of these platforms is strongly preferred: desktop, web, mobile, and embedded.
Here’s what we require
- You're passionate about software quality.
- An aptitude for learning new platforms and technologies on the fly. We’re constantly working on new projects that will push you and keep you always learning.
- Able to take ownership of the software quality for a project and lead it through to completion and customer delivery.
- Already comfortable on Linux. You can be a Windows/Mac pro, but you'll be doing at least 50% of your work on Linux. You should be comfortable with that.
- At least 5 years in the field of software with at least 3 years of experience testing software products.
- Some hands-on SQE experience with products that include custom hardware or emulators.
- Ability to work on a wide range of platforms and products including Linux, iOS, Android, and web/cloud.
- Experience using a source control system like git or bitbucket and a project tracking system like JIRA, and per an Agile process.
- Experience creating, updating, and running test cases.
- Experience with automated testing and automated test tools is a plus.
- Work with FDA-regulated products is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a test plan for the development phases of a software product.
- Highly proficient at finding and reporting defects and troubleshooting to narrow down the cause of defects.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience working directly with clients is a plus.
- Good organization skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize, assess risk, and adjust accordingly.
- Self-starter and ability to take on complex or otherwise challenging tasks.
- Interest in defect prevention through process review and improvement.
- Willing to commute to Worcester, MA (Note: Ability to temporarily work remotely during this trying time of COVID-19).
- Looking for full-time employment.
- Must be a U.S. Person.
What you’ll get
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a variety of platforms.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not the politics.
- An experienced team and mentor who can help you grow in your craft and career.
- A position with a growing company, offering competitive benefits and salary.