Software Quality Engineer (SQA) for Web, Mobile & Embedded SoftwareFull-time Position in Worcester, MA
Are you obsessed with software, apps and the Internet? Looking to gain valuable experience working in an innovative, successful software company? Geisel Software, based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is a premier software developer that is working with and creating today's hottest software technologies. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team, learn new technology, and help us build some great software!
Geisel Software specializes in web/cloud, mobile and Internet of Things software. We seek a talented individual who is not afraid to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work independently and solve problems with little outside direction. Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test, whether that means tracking down the answer on Google, or building your own new solution.
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for the testing throughout the product lifecycle for software development at Geisel Software. The key areas are test planning, developing test cases, executing tests, ad hoc testing, verifying bug fixes, and preparing test reports. The SQE will work from requirements to create test cases and execute the tests per the schedule and functional needs of the products. Test automation experience is a plus.
Geisel specializes in robotics, medical devices and applications, and storage solutions. Experience in these areas is preferred, especially in the medical device field where software QA per FDA regulations is ideal. Working with IoT and devices means experience working with hardware interfaces and firmware is also preferred. An understanding of testing across platforms will be helpful, including desktop, web, mobile, and embedded.
Here's what we require:
- You're passionate about software quality.
- An aptitude for learning new platforms and technologies on the fly. We’re constantly working on new projects that will push you and keep you always learning new technologies.
- Able to take ownership of a project and independently work it through completion and customer delivery.
- Already comfortable on Linux. You can be a Windows/Mac pro, but you'll be doing at least 50% of your work on Linux. You should be comfortable with that.
- Work is primarily onsite at our Worcester office, with the need for occasional work at client sites that are typically local. Flexibility for work from home is an option, though the bulk of work is performed at the office.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years in the field of software with at least 3 years of experience testing software products.
- Some hands on SQE experience with products that include custom hardware or emulators.
- Ability to work on a wide range of platforms and products including Linux, iOS, Android, and web/cloud.
- Experience using a source control system like git or bitbucket and a project tracking system like JIRA and per an Agile process.
- Experience creating, updating, and running test cases.
- Work with FDA regulated products preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a test plan for the life cycle of a software product.
- Highly proficient at finding and reporting defects and troubleshooting to narrow down the cause of defects.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience working directly with clients is a plus.
- Good organization skills. Ability to prioritize, assess risk, and adjust accordingly.
- Self-starter and ability to take on complex or otherwise challenging tasks.
- Interest in defect prevention through process review and improvement.
- Must be a U.S. Person (United States Citizen or Permanent Resident, i.e. Green Card Holder).
What you'll get:
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a variety of platforms.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not the politics.
- An experienced team and mentor who can help you grow in your craft and career.
- A position with a growing company, offering competitive benefits and salary.