Software Engineering Intern
Are you obsessed with software, apps and the Internet? Looking to work with an awesome team in a modern, successful software company? Geisel Software, based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is a premier software developer that is working with and creating today's hottest software technologies. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team, learn new technology, and help us build some great software!
Geisel Software develops web, mobile and embedded software, with a focus on robotics, medical devices, and machine learning. We seek a talented individual who is not afraid to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work independently and solve problems with little outside direction. Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test, whether that means tracking down the answer on Google, or building your own new solution.
Here's What You Can Expect to Learn
- More practical software development experience than can be taught in schools.
- How to contribute effectively to a project, or perhaps how to start one from scratch.
- How to get around Linux - the most popular platform for hosting web/mobile applications.
- Web frameworks and CMS's like Drupal and Wordpress.
- Web, Mobile and Embedded software development, on Robotic interfaces or in the Cloud, depending on your assignment.
- Machine Learning, both on a theoretical and a practical level, solving real programs with TensorFlow and OpenCV.
- The process that today's top companies use to launch software, and some of the job roles required in delivering a complete solution.
Here’s What We Require
- You're passionate about software development - it's what you do even in your free time (you should highlight this in your resume/cover letter).
- A willing-to-learn attitude and a solid work ethic - we have lots of fun, but we work hard!
- Field of study in CS/EE (or equivalent experience).
- Being very comfortable in at least one programming language.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently as necessary.
- Familiarity with the Internet, social networks, and mobile web browsing.
- 16-40 hours per week.
Nice-to-Haves (This isn't required, but if you already know some of it, we'll put it to use!)
- Experience with Linux, OS Administration, or Virtual Machines.
- Aptitude and/or love of math, especially when it's useful!
What You’ll Get
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a variety of platforms.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not the politics.
- An experienced team and mentor who can help you grow in your craft and career.