Software Engineering Intern
Do you want to work at the forefront of technology on complex problems that have never been solved before? Are you interested in being part of a company with a goal of getting its software on the Moon? Geisel Software is a fast-growing custom software development company with special expertise in embedded and application software, and a passion for staying ahead of the technology curve. Founded in 2011, we have a long history of delivering tech-forward web/cloud, robotic, IoT, and machine learning solutions.
With a client list that includes NASA, Teledyne FLIR, iRobot, Wyss Institute at Harvard University, and more, we are embracing innovation to solve some of today’s toughest technical challenges. We’re looking for a hard-working individual to join our team in Worcester, Massachusetts who thrives on challenge and is a proven self-starter.
Come join some of the industry’s most talented software engineers and help us build extraordinary software!
Here's What You Can Expect to Learn
- More practical software development experience than can be taught in schools.
- How to contribute effectively to a project, or perhaps how to start one from scratch.
- How to get around Linux - the most popular platform for hosting web/mobile applications.
- Web frameworks and CMS's like Drupal and Wordpress.
- Web, Mobile and Embedded software development, on Robotic interfaces or in the Cloud, depending on your assignment.
- Machine Learning, both on a theoretical and a practical level, solving real programs with TensorFlow and OpenCV.
- The process that today's top companies use to launch software, and some of the job roles required in delivering a complete solution.
Here’s What We Require
- You're passionate about software development - it's what you do even in your free time (you should highlight this in your resume/cover letter).
- A willing-to-learn attitude and a solid work ethic - we have lots of fun, but we work hard!
- Field of study in CS/EE (or equivalent experience).
- Being very comfortable in at least one programming language.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently as necessary.
- Familiarity with the Internet, social networks, and mobile web browsing.
- 40 hours per week.
Nice-to-Haves (This isn't required, but if you already know some of it, we'll put it to use!)
- Experience with Linux, OS Administration, or Virtual Machines.
- Aptitude and/or love of math, especially when it's useful!
What You’ll Get
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a variety of platforms.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not the politics.
- An experienced team and mentor who can help you grow in your craft and career.
Geisel Software’s team members come from diverse backgrounds with their own unique experiences and distinct range of knowledge which inspires creativity and innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is valued for what they bring to the team.
Apply here and include your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you think you'd be a great fit at Geisel Software. We'd love to hear about what you've done with technologies we're using, or other projects you've worked on. What do you think you’re really good at and why? What have you done outside of school or your current job to improve your craft?