Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Are you obsessively organized and detail oriented? Have a penchant for accuracy? Are you a team player who loves learning new things? If you’d like to gain valuable experience working in a modern, successful software company, we’re looking for you!
Geisel Software develops web, mobile and embedded software, with a focus on robotics, medical devices, and machine learning. We seek a talented individual who is not afraid to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work independently and solve problems with little outside direction. We’re looking for someone sharp who can bring their experience and energy to our team and who’s willing and interested in helping us get and stay organized as we grow.
This job posting is for an Office Manager/Administrative Assistant at Geisel Software. The person who excels in this position will accomplish a wide range of duties, including Administrative Assistant, Office Manager and Personal Assistant tasks. The job entails managing our CEO’s schedule and calendar, keeping our office running smoothly and pitching in wherever you may be needed. You should be an expert multitasker, as well as comfortable with technology, learning new things, and keeping the office organized!
- Support CEO (may include correspondence, appointment setting, travel plans, personal assistant tasks, etc.)
- Scheduling meetings with clients and keeping CEO's calendar up to date and accurate
- Assist in booking employee travel arrangements as needed
- Preparing agendas and minutes for company meetings
- Updating/editing documents, spreadsheets and presentations (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Event planning for company outings and activities
- Ordering and organization of supplies and equipment for kitchen, office, and tech that engineers may require
- Retrieve, sort and distribute all mail including preparation and delivery of express mail such as FedEx and UPS
- Office errands including lunch pickup for the office everyday, kitchen supplies shopping, post office runs, etc.
- General cleanup around the office
- Maintain conference room technology and manage conference room availability
- Assist in office space/growth planning, office design, and furniture ordering
- Coordinate with building facilities, building management, and external vendors as needed including security, food and beverage, and cleaning staff
- Perform general front-desk reception including greeting all visitors and answering phone calls.
- Work closely with HR to assist in recruiting tasks as needed, including scheduling interviews, helping with hiring events, and onboarding new employees.
- Jumping in to help with any other projects/work around the office that needs to be done!
Qualifications and Skills
- Someone who is hyper-organized and enjoys it
- Familiar with technology (Google suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, etc.)
- Willing to learn new technologies and platforms you aren't familiar with
- Comfortable making phone calls (not sales-related)
- Has a license and a car, and is dependable and reliable
- Able to follow directions (Hint - Properly following the directions in one of the sections in this job posting is your first test!)
- Be able to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and have a proactive/collaborative attitude
- Willing to commute to Worcester, MA
Skills That Are Nice to Have
- Experience in Recruiting, HR, and/or Finance
What You’ll Get
- An opportunity to work in an exciting, modern software company.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not the politics.
- A work environment that encourages learning and personal growth.
- A position with a growing company, offering competitive benefits and salary.