iOS Software Developer / Mobile App EngineerContract Position in Worcester, MA
Are you obsessed with software, apps and the Internet? Looking to gain valuable experience working in a modern, successful software company? Geisel Software, based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is a premier software developer that is working with and creating today's hottest software technologies. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team, learn new technology, and help us build some great software!
Geisel Software specializes in web, mobile and Internet of Things software. We seek a talented individual who is not afraid to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work independently and solve problems with little outside direction. Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test, whether that means tracking down the answer on Google, or building your own new solution.
This posting is for an iOS Developer with 2-5 years of experience in iOS Development, using Swift. The current project is 3 months, with a possible extension or the possibility of getting pulled into other projects afterwards. This job description includes the kinds of things we regularly work with in case you might be interested in joining us permanently. However, this job posting is specifically for an iOS developer. If you’re experienced in any of the other things, that’s a great bonus for this role.
Here's what we work with regularly:
- iPhone/Android application development (2 years minimum)
- Medical Devices (and the processes that go with them)
- LAMP - Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP
- Embedded Development in C/C++ (Arm or x86)
- Scripting Languages (Python, BASH, or other)
- Web Technologies - HTML5, CSS3, XML, JSON
- Linux - As a user at least, but also administration and kernel development
- Web Frameworks - Django, Codeigniter, Laravel
- Agile and Waterfall design methodologies
- Embedded platforms (Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, OMAP, etc.)
- Graphic Design, Adobe Tools
- Social Networking Integrations (APIs)
Here's what we require:
- iOS Development – Solid background including Swift
- You're passionate about software development -- it's what you do even in your free time.
- Good software foundational skills: CS theory; clean, well-documented code; collaborative style; solid algorithms understanding; mastery of more than one language.
- An aptitude for learning new platforms and technologies on the fly. We’re constantly working on new projects that will push you and keep you always learning new technologies.
- Able to take ownership of a project and independently architect, execute and troubleshoot it through completion and customer delivery.
- Willing to commute to Worcester, MA.
- Interested in a 3 month contract, with possible extension or permanent role.
What you'll get:
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a variety of platforms.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not the politics.
- An experienced team and mentor who can help you grow in your craft and career.
- A position with a growing company, offering competitive benefits and salary (Permanent Roles).