Innovative C++/Python Software Engineer
Are you obsessed with software and robotics? Looking to work with an awesome team in a modern, successful software company? Geisel Software, based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is a premier software developer that is working with and creating today's hottest software technologies. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team, learn new technology, and help us build some great software!
Geisel Software develops web, mobile and embedded software, with a focus on robotics, medical devices, and machine learning. We seek a talented individual who is not afraid to work hard, learn something new and get lots of stuff done. We have a helpful staff, but it is also important that you can work independently and solve problems with little outside direction. Your problem-solving skills will be put to the test, whether that means tracking down the answer on Google, or building your own new solution.
Here's what we work with regularly
- Python3 / Python2
- Modern C++ (C++11, C++14, C++17, etc.)
- Robotic Simulation with ROS, RVIZ, and Unreal Engine
- Machine Learning (ML) and Computer Vision (CV)
- TensorFlow and OpenCV
- Linux - As a user at least, but also administration and kernel development
- Agile and Hybrid-Agile design methodologies
- iPhone/Android application development
- Embedded Development in C/C++ & Rust (Arm or x86)
- Embedded platforms (Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, OMAP, etc.)
Here’s what we require
- You're passionate about software development -- it's what you do even in your free time.
- 3+ years of experience with Python and C++
- Good software foundational skills: clean, well-documented code; collaborative style; solid algorithms understanding; CS theory; mastery of more than one language.
- An aptitude for learning new platforms and technologies on the fly. We’re constantly working on new projects that will push you and keep you always learning new technologies.
- Able to take ownership of a project and independently architect, execute and troubleshoot it through completion and customer delivery.
- Actively pursuing new knowledge and technologies. If you’re a web frontend guru, are you building your backend skills? If you’re an embedded developer, are you developing apps for Android or iOS?
- Already comfortable on Linux. You can be a Windows/Mac pro, but you'll be doing at least 50% of your development on Linux. You should be comfortable with that.
- Willing to commute to Worcester, MA (Note: Ability to temporarily work remotely during this trying time of COVID-19).
- Looking for full-time employment.
What you’ll get
- An opportunity to work with the latest technologies across a variety of platforms.
- A fun, exciting work environment focused on the results, not the politics.
- An experienced team and mentor who can help you grow in your craft and career.
- A position with a growing company, offering competitive benefits and salary.