Finally, an app for gardeners and growers!! The new gardening app for iOS and Android provides growers with the opportunity to be a part of a community who share their planting and growing history. The app allows you to track what you grow and to see how well crops grew for other citizen scientists in your area or around the country. You can also track your garden on the website! Heidi Rader (an Extension Agent at the University of Alaska Fairbanks) teamed up with Geisel Software to create an
- Brian Geisel, CEO of Geisel Software, will be presenting this year at IoT Slam. The presentation, "IoT Security Focus: A New Class of Security Exploits" will cover many aspects of security, with a focus on the unique factors in the Internet of Things space. Topics include: Common patterns that hackers are using to breach IoT devices. The uniqueness of IoT hacks and how they differ from typical breaches. How to identify the critical vulnerabilities of tomorrow. How to assess your own
- The Pioneer Valley Planning Commission launched their new website on May 7th. From the announcement: We are excited to announce that the Pioneer Valley Planning Commission has just launched a new, improved website especially designed to make it easier and more engaging for different categories of users-citizens, planners, and media members alike-to search, explore, and connect with PVPC staff and the commission's diverse areas of work. With the aim of creating a different web model rather than
- Brian Geisel teaches tech in remote Guatemala Brian Geisel, software engineer and CEO of Geisel Software, spent almost three weeks in August building a computer lab in one of the most primitive environments possible: The Guatemalan jungle. Facing epic rainstorms, crushing humidity, and rationed Internet access, Geisel built desks, assembled computers and helped dozens of students in Peten, Guatemala embrace modern technology for the very first time. “After spending months raising money and
- Brian Geisel gives exclusive speech at Boston Rotary Club Brian Geisel, CEO of global development firm Geisel Software, recently gave an exclusive presentation at the Boston Rotary Club titled "Web apps, mobile apps and mobile sites: What are the differences and do you need them?”. At the September 25 presentation in Boston, Geisel earned high praise his enthusiasm, engaging style, and his ability to break down complex concepts for non-technical business owners. “In working with businesses of
- CEO Brian Geisel talks robotics on Canadian website. How can you break into the robotics business? Brian Geisel has significant experience working on robotics for major companies, so he was naturally interviewed on the topic for Canada's #1 job and job intel site, jobpostings.ca. Cross disciplines are important, as is a love for solving complex problems. Read "Revolutionizing Robotics" at http://www.jobpostings.ca/career-guides/computers-technology/revolution…!